The incumbent will act as a Contracts Analysts for the portfolio of the corporate contracts supporting External and First Nation Relationships (SPEERA), Human Resource, Finance, HSSE, Operations, IT departments. Individual contracts are not of high spend. Though most of the contracts are already awarded, upcoming monthly business requests will require Contract Analyst perform all contracting and procurement (C&P) activities to award and manage the new contracts. Role includes robust track of each contract spend, in-time extensions, change management, maintaining contractual relationships with multiple contractors and internal clients, contracts close-outs.
The successful candidate will act as a C&P focal maintaining Project C&P Integrated Plan, LNGC Contracts Register; will produce several monthly reports from SAP for the Project team and LNGC Subcommittees use. Role requires extensive communication and integration across Project functional groups, broad understanding of the Project interfaces.
Role requires virtual communication in view Project team is placed in different geographical locations.
- Support and guide Client functional groups on the fundamental contractual processes and procedures to deliver in accordance with the client contracting and procurement process, Ethics and Compliance code of conduct. Consistent application of all pre- and post-award contractual processes.
- Structure and manage contracts in a proactive manner with the objective of in-time delivery, clear contracts administrative processes to both contractors and internal clients, track of spend and delivery within allowed contract values. If required, prepare submissions for Client Contracts Board.
- Ensure that the approved HSSE standards and Goal Zero policies are fully incorporated in the process of contractor selection and in the subsequent work. Including prequalification requirements for potential suppliers.
- Conduct monthly review of C&P Integrated Plan. If required, communicate with C&P team members to receive latest information. Consolidate data related to First Nation spend.
- Produce monthly SAP Project reports.
- Act as a Record Management focal for Client C&P SharePoint.
- Maintain close working relationship with LNGC functional groups who will either provide inputs during contracts drafting or will act as an internal client who requires contract to be in place. At all times demonstrate team behaviours and support efficient work and improvement practices.
- Recognise the different cultural and diverse characteristics that influence the contracting environment, including local content development.
- Annual spend directly influenced: Up to 30 Million CAD per annum.
- Interfaces with Project CP and Discipline Managers, Project Engineers, Expert functions (e.g. legal, tax, finance, IT etc), Project Services personnel, LNGC Contract Board.
- Simultaneous contract management of multiple contracts at difference stages of contracts development.
- Ability to prioritise work with the internal clients.
- Management of multiple interfaces and multiple tasks.
- Maintaining accurate and timely reporting in conjunction with Project Services/ Finance and Contract Holders and Owners.
- Contracting and Procurement professional familiar with the contracting roles.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural / diverse environment, virtually.
- Flexible, able to adjust to different working styles of internal clients.
- High energy individual with passion for delivery of a mega project
- Demonstrated knowledge, capability and competence in the following commercial, technical and interpersonal aspects: Application of contracting and procurement processes
- Knowledge of SAP;
- Operational contracts management;
- Forms of Contracts and their application;
- Commercial analysis;
- Communication skills;
- Flexibility, ability to adjust to different working styles.
Job Reference #99022