Job DescriptionCell Line Development Manager – Cambridge – Permanent
In vitro cellular models are paramount to any drug discovery process and with the new era of CRISPR-cas9 gene editing, they have been accelerated to new heights. My client, an industry leading Biotechnology company is currently seeking the expertise of an established Cell Line Development Manager to drive and oversee the generation of these cellular models for their commercial client base.
Cell Line Development Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Drive productivity and ensure projects fulfil the customers’ requirements within budget and to agreed timeframes.
- Develop and implement new automated processes and technology improvements and foster a continuous process improvement mindset within the team.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their roles and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Support the Project Management Office in assessing technical feasibility of prospective customer projects.
- Provide regular accurate updates to the Head of Cell Line Engineering and project managers.
- Manage the recruitment process, identify key skills for the ideal candidates, shortlist, conduct interviews and select new hires.
- To maintain an awareness of current techniques and technologies in the area of cell lie development and gene editing.
- Cell Line Development Manager Key Requirements:
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and empowerment capacity to inspire and ignite others and to develop their talents and abilities.
- Have proven experience as a strong manager, ideally in cross functional teams, with multiple direct reports.
- Have a track record of new process and technology implementation, ideally in automation and cell line engineering.
- Have strong molecular and cell biology skills, allowing for data interpretation and troubleshooting of technical processes.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced, close-knit team environment and on multiple projects. Be well organised, self-motivated and have excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- This permanent position as a Cell Line Development Manager is available immediately, offered a company with a strong culture committed to high quality of science provided by their scientist for their clients.
- If this is an opportunity that interests you, please call Charles on 01619427163 for more details.