Job DescriptionMass Spec Support Scientist / Engineer - Cambridge - Permanent
A new role has arisen for a Mass Spectrometry Support Scientist / Engineer to join the Laboratory Operations team of an exciting company in the Cambridge area. The company are heavily involved in Diagnostics R&D and are seeking this new hire in order to support their rapidly expanding laboratory.
- Providing technical oversight of several laboratories and having responsibility for all GC-MS hardware and software
- Installation, repairs, preventative maintenance and qualification of GC-MS instrumentation
- Diagnose instrument faults and implement repairs to keep equipment downtime to a minimum
- Implementing a preventative maintenance schedule and acting as key point of contact for equipment suppliers
- Degree qualified in Chemistry, Engineering or a Science related discipline
- Experience supporting or servicing GC-MS equipment
- Experience diagnosing and resolving problems on laboratory equipment
- A good knowledge of hardware and software installation
Keywords: Support Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Support Scientist, Applications Scientist, Analytical Chemistry, GC-MS, Gas Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry, Laboratory Support.