Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is looking for a Town Planner with sound town planning information, advice and guidance experience. This is a Contract position in the Perth Metropolitan area.
Your responsibilities in the role
- Provide customer service, including preliminary liaison with stakeholders and members of the public
- Assess and report on statutory planning proposals, including developments, subdivisions, town planning scheme amendments and compliance
- Undertake planning research, policy/local law and project tasks as directed.
- Perform administrative and miscellaneous tasks as required.
- Attend Planning team meetings and possibly other Committee/Council meetings
- Assist in responding to appeals and participate in professional or community forums
- Assist Planning Coordinators, other team members and colleagues
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and statutory town planning experience
- Previous local government experience highly regarded
- Sound knowledge of WA town planning system and governance
- Sound technical competencies and communication capabilities
- Self-motivation, integrity, professionalism, team-orientation and customer-focused
- Australian Class C Driving License