- Lead a team of SLP Engineers;
- Initiate and develop the Hazard Management Plan;
- Execute project specific hazard management;
- Interface with safety consultants;
- Coordinate and participate in technical reviews (HAZID, HAZOP, API 14J Compliance, IEC 61508/61511);
- Liaise with classification societies and clients on engineering, certificate or flag related issues.
The client is looking for candidates with an engineering MSc or BSc (TU/ HTS) or equivalent level of education obtained through relevant experience and courses.
You have the following skills and experience:
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in the field of technical safety related to the Oil & Gas industry;
- At least 4 years of experience as lead Safety and Loss Prevention engineer;
- Excellent technical know-how and overview throughout Safety and Loss Prevention discipline;
- Familiar with review methods such as HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, LOPA etc.;
- Conversant with international standards applicable to hydrocarbon processing industry, such as API, ISO, IEC, NFPA etc.
- A problem solving – and “think out of the box” mentality;
- You are a team player, but also capable and comfortable with working independently;
- A pro- active approach and not afraid to take initiative;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbally;
- Good MS Office skills;
- Willingness to travel.