Job DescriptionIn this role you are responsible for the process safety management activities on projects for our Floating Production Units. The projects you are involved with will range from conceptual studies to Front End Engineering. During conceptual studies you will be involved in activities such as risk assessments, consequence modelling and process hazard analysis. You are responsible for setting the design safety priorities in all design phases of a project. Furthermore you will:
- Lead a team of SLP Engineers;
- Initiate and develop the Hazard Management Plan;
- Execute project specific hazard management;
- Interface with safety consultants;
- Coordinate and participate in technical reviews (HAZID, HAZOP, API 14J Compliance, IEC 61508/61511);
- Liaise with classification societies and clients on engineering, certificate or flag related issues.
The client is looking for candidates with an engineering MSc or BSc (TU/ HTS) or equivalent level of education obtained through relevant experience and courses.
You have the following skills and experience:
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in the field of technical safety related to the Oil & Gas industry;
- At least 4 years of experience as lead Safety and Loss Prevention engineer;
- Excellent technical know-how and overview throughout Safety and Loss Prevention discipline;
- Familiar with review methods such as HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, LOPA etc.;
- Conversant with international standards applicable to hydrocarbon processing industry, such as API, ISO, IEC, NFPA etc.
- A problem solving – and “think out of the box” mentality;
- You are a team player, but also capable and comfortable with working independently;
- A pro- active approach and not afraid to take initiative;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbally;
- Good MS Office skills;
- Willingness to travel.