Job DescriptionR&D Physicist / Engineer - Instrumentation - Manchester - Permanent
A new role has arisen for an experiences Physicist / Engineer to join the R&D team of an exciting start-up company developing next generation mass spectrometers. The role will focus on instrumentation development and optimisation with the intention of helping to develop innovative products towards commercialisation.
- Build up an understanding of basic functions of sub-systems and whole product technology
- Assemble and test prototypes, provide evaluation reports (mechanical and electronics) on those tests.
- Carry out evaluation of the new technology, components and provide a report and records.
- Contribute to product improvement and final design improvements, providing constrictive feedback to the R&D team relevant members.
- Proficiently use test equipment, including: DVM, oscilloscope, laser power meter.
- Degree or equivalent in Biomedical Engineering, Physics, Mechatronics or another Engineering discipline
- Hands on experience with mechanical and electronic components
- Good practical knowledge of vacuum systems; be familiar with vacuum component handling and cleaning. Ability to use and identify vacuum leaks in the complex system.
- Experience working with MS Office, Scientific software, and the ability to learn new applications. CAD/ECAD software experience an advantage.