Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is working closely with a major Mining Client to identify a Senior Mechanical Designer with SmartPlant 3D and mining iron ore experience in Australia for a 6-12 month Contract. The successful candidate will be based in Perth and work collaboratively within a project design team, and be involved in layout designs for a major iron ore project in WA.
Your responsibilities in the role
- Creating 2D and 3D model deliverables
- Supervise, design and drafting deliverables on time and within budget
- Participate in project reviews as required
- Work collaboratively with engineers
- Provide technical support, supervision and advice
- Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions
- Participate in peer reviews
- Establish and maintain good working relationships through strong communication
- Diploma or equivalent in Mechanical Drafting/Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years general design experience in mining/mineral resources sector
- Proficient in SmartPlant 3D and MicroStation design software
- Sound 3D design principles and ability to produce high quality deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills and a practical approach to engineering design problems
We will only contact candidates who meet the criteria for the role and with the Right to Work in Australia.