Job DescriptionMust be elligable to work in the UK without restriction - UK/EU Passport Holder
This is a six month role for a senior environmental engineer or scientist to lead the environmental input to some key environmental technology programmes including:
- Work with the team climate science modeller lead the approach and continue the development? and deployment of climate modelling to help assess potential impacts from severe weather and climate change.
- provide science based understanding of climate change related to our energy transition as relevant to key aspects of the environmental technology work programmes
- support our key climate research programme with Princeton university by helping with communications, meetings and disseminating information
- finalise and imple ment the company approach to life cycle analysis to support our dual challenge of provision of energy and reducing emissions.
- Provide technical support and manag robust environmental input to our business venture investment due diligence
- Support ongoing work in the t? eam to understand negative emission technologies, particularly t? hose related to biological processes and help support key insights and possible opportunities for the energy transition.
- Provide technical leadership in%?20some key environmental areas and manage projects such as hel? ping to understand the provenance and impact of poor urban air quality.
- Link with the ongoing work on circular economy to provide environmental technical support a? nd insights to maximise synergies with other environmental technology focus areas.
- Ad hoc support to a variety of environmentally related work that might inc? lude an ongoing study into the circular economy and broader environmental issue evaluation.
- Relevant environmental engineer? ing or science degree (e.g. Chemical engineer or environme? ntal science) and /or relevant Masters
Experience and Job Requirements
- Deep and broad working knowledge of environmental issues and impacts associated with oil and gas primarily but also experience of environmental issues associated with renewable energy and other energy vectors is desira? ble.
- Proven history of managing and delivering technical work to a high quality that meets the needs of key stakeholders
- Underpins insights and recommendations with sound scientific and technical data analysis and follows good quality control practices.
- Experience of working successfully at senior level in a multinational corporation.
- Strong co? mmunication skills with succinct report writing and presentation skills
- OneTeam player who bring business value through working with others collaboratively and grows capability by sharing information and developing others.
- Self-starter, independent and quick learner who builds on feedback, adapts and delivers in an agile way.
- Proficient user of word, excel and Client operating systems (Word 10, Microsoft office)
- Experience of visualisation through tools such as PowerBI would be helpful
Must be elligable to work in the UK without restriction - UK/EU Passport Holder