Purpose of the Job:
- To maximise production efficiencies by the effective inspection of production equipment and rapid resolution of problems to prevent unplanned production stoppages.
- To maintain factory services.
- To Improve/develop maintenance resources.
- To train and coach operators to improve production efficiencies.
- Proactively support all initiatives to improve safety and quality throughout the Company.
- Adherence to Company, Local and UK safety regulations.
- Effectively communicate with management, production and maintenance teams, and other shifts to ensure safe, efficient, well organised operations. Inclusive of 2 way Radios, Email , Frontline and shift handovers among others.
- To assist in the development of thorough predictive and planned maintenance systems for all production equipment and the implementation of those systems.
- Maintain the provision of safe, reliable and cost effective utilities.
- Deliver improved factory efficiencies and operation, in cooperation with Production Teams, through the effective repair, maintenance and improvement of production plant, equipment and facilities.
- Ensure accurate records of machine asset maintenance and improvements on by effective communication with your line manager
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of plant and process through study of manuals and external training where required.
- To train and motivate production teams to improve plant, equipment and understanding.
- To flexibly cover other engineering roles.
- To maintain and develop Maintenance Resources including; Stores, Workshop, Frontline, Manuals and documentation. Communicating your requirements to the maintenance administrator.
- To support production in any reasonable way as requested.
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by Line Manager.
- Driven by external and internal customer requirements.
- Proactively lead, challenge and embrace a positive culture.
- Regularly walk the lines during a shift, correcting any defects found or scheduling the repair at another time.
- NVQ3 or recognised engineering apprenticeship in plant maintenance.
- HNC/ONC in engineering or can demonstrate equivalent knowledge..
- Good knowledge of safety and environmental regulations.
- 3 years’ experience working within an engineering environment or strong plant operational background.
- Good knowledge of factory plant and processes.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join a growing company who offer endless amount of training and progression. They offer excellent benefits so if you would like to hear more please apply ASAP.