Job DescriptionMolecular Biologist(s) – Cambridge – Permanent
Molecular biology and protein analytics go hand in hand through the process of biopharmaceutical development. My client, an industry leader in antibody discovery is currently seeking the expertise of Molecular Biologist(s) ranging from the research associate through to senior scientist level to aid in operations using their propriety platform to identify therapeutic candidates.
Molecular Biologist(s) Key Responsibilities:
- Perform antibody or scaffold protein selections using phage display.
- Perform general molecular biology work (DNA purification, PCR setup, restriction digests/ligations, colitransformation, gel electrophoresis…).
- Run pre-programmed procedures on liquid handling and colony picking robots.
- Sequence analysis, and antibody sequence analysis in particular.
- Analyse protein expression and quality using UV/VIS spectroscopy, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, size exclusion chromatography, MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry.
- Execute basic antibody binding assays (ELISA, Alphascreen or HTRF).
- Plan and execute analytical flow cytometry (FACS) cell binding experiments.
- Document experiments and procedures in laboratory notebooks, analysing experimental data and presenting in internal meetings.
- Molecular Biologist(s) Key Requirements
- BSc/MSc/PhD in Life Science or a related field with more than 2 years post-doc experience in a relevant field, preferably in the Biotech or Biopharmaceutical industry.
- Can work effectively and prioritise your work to meet deadlines. You have good organisational skills and are able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- An enthusiastic scientist who is able to work independently but who is also a good team player.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- A results driven mindset with a goal orientated personality and drive to succeed.
- These opportunities as Molecular Biologist(s) are available immediately. If successful, you can expect to join an award winning, forward thinking organisation who truly value their employees.
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on rates and applying.