Job DescriptionGlobal provider of engineering and technology, products and service solutions to the Oil & Gas industry, require a talented and experienced Senior Estimator to join their Front End Execution team based in Chiswick. This key role will take responsibility for producing MTO-based estimates for projects and supporting proposals in the development of estimates.
Other responsibilities & tasks will include;
- Maintaining cost database content and output; assisting with development of new database modules and output formats
- Vendor budget quote gathering (either directly or in coordination with Procurement & Subcontracts)
- Summarising key cost accounts into TIC estimates
- Derivation of cost allowances and contingencies
- Estimate reviews, internal and client
- Development of concept-level estimates for study / front-end application
- Provision of training, mentoring and ongoing guidance to junior team members.
We are looking for an Estimator with experience working for a construction main contractor or oil & gas owner/ operator, along with an in depth understanding of the principles and application of; Taking off material quantities from technical drawings; MTO based estimate structure and development; and Cost data storage, processing and presentation.
You will also need to have a good understanding of the principles and mechanics of: Concept-level estimating techniques, Plant / topsides layout and the upstream oil & gas industry. You should be focused, be able to communicate and interact effectively with technical and managerial personnel, adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.