Job DescriptionThe Project Operations Surveyor will be located in The Hague, The Netherlands and will liaise actively with the Survey Operations team members (i.e. Staff Operations Surveyors and Survey Operations Manager);
1) Assist the Senior Operations Surveyors in the planning, evaluation, execution and reporting for offshore surveying projects.
2) Verify and make proper QA & QC plans of all aspects of geomatics projects including survey acquisition parameters and data.
3) Interface with COMPANY and CONTRACTOR and other relevant stakeholders to deliver the project on time and budget.
4) To support the objective of delivering data (positioning, monitoring data and survey data) in advance for seamless field operations.
5) To attend meetings at CONTRACTOR facilities.
6) Pro-active and problem-solving approach for explaining the importance of acquiring good quality positioning and survey data for engineering purposes.
7) To ensure survey data of the highest quality is obtained and that meets the requirements of the project.
8) Coordinating daily survey activities with survey contractor and sub-contractors, project team and COMPANY Geomatics & pipeline department in Rijswijk.
9) Perform data analysis and review of draft field reports / charts on behalf of COMPANY.
10) Preparation of Daily reports & Daily logs and end of Field Survey report for the survey activities.
11) Ensuring that the Survey complies with COMPANY approved documents and procedures.
12) Monitor proper Change Control and Management of Change where procedures are deviated from.
• Demonstrates a personal commitment to Health, Safety, Security and the Environment (HSSE)
• Ensuring COMPANY requirements for HSSE are followed, whilst also abiding with local statutory HSSE Regulations in consultation with in-country COMPANY HSSE representative
• Promote a proactive approach to safety awareness and act to prevent incidents if necessary
• Be fully conversant with the project Emergency Response Procedures (ERP)
• Review Contractor Safety Plan and ensure integration of Survey (Sub-) contractor safety issues.
• Audit and monitor compliance with Contractor Safety Plan
• Maintain direct communication with COMPANY Duty Surveyor
• Report all incidents / Near Misses via COMPANY Incident Reporting Procedure
Required Experience & Qualifications
• Requires a bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field (civil engineering, geology, geophysics, surveying, oceanography or hydrography) and/or 5-10 years of experience as a Project Surveyor to oil and gas projects.
• Familiar with a variety of offshore survey concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Proven exposure and knowledge as Project Surveyor and CSR during offshore survey projects is a must.
• Must hold relevant offshore certificates including (but not limited to) BOSIET and Offshore medical for possible offshore work (not confirmed)
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of tasks with minimal day to day supervision.
• Has begun to demonstrate some breadth in applying skills to different project phases and / or acquiring experience in other related disciplines.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• May report to a supervisor or manager.
Dutch Speaking is mandatory