|Job Title:||Yard Hand/Mixer|
|Location:||Midland, United States|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Christensen|
|Job Published:||February 13, 2019 15:18|
Chemical Mixer / Blender are responsible for mixing raw materials to create finished products according to batch tickets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Rig up and start all mixing units and/or tanks.
• Obtains and understands all documentation for making batches. Ensures correct ingredients are used for each batch.
• Pumping and pouring chemicals into mixing units and/or tanks in predetermined quantities.
• Operates equipment (mixers, scales, meters, pumps, forklifts, etc.) safely.
• Monitors raw material usage on each blend are added correctly with right weights.
• Ensures all raw materials returned to inventory have the right quantity and information on containers and containers are in good condition.
• Follows lab instructions regarding batch blends, maintenance, adjustments, and any additional requirements.
• Cleans equipment when needed.
• Refers issues/problems to lead/supervisor person(s).
• Communicates with material handlers/truck drivers when materials are needed and batches are ready to load.
• Loading and unloading chemicals – carrying sack materials (up to 100lbs)
• Completes all paperwork and batch documentation in a timely manner.
• Observes safety requirements set forth by company.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Valid and clear driving record.
• Must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instructions in English, including safety rules, operating procedures, product recipes, material identification, etc.
• Able to manipulate 55 gallon drums of chemicals.
• Must have mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Able to perform these operations using weight and volume measurements.
• Able to manipulate/carry/lift bags up to 100 lbs.
• Good troubleshooting skills.
• Able to drive a fork lift – have a valid fork lift certification.
• Previous experience mixing / blending chemicals preferred.