Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is currently recruiting for a Project Procurement Manager to support a large manufacturer in the South East of England. This is a long term contract opportunity supporting their global engineering team.
- Act as single point of contact between the Procurement team and the Project Execution team
- Direct the Procurement team and work closely with the Project Manager to successfully plan and execute the Capital Procurement scope within Capital projects.
- Develop Project Procurement Strategy aligned with overall Project Execution Strategy
- Compile and maintain Project Material Registry to plan and track equipment and material status
- Prepare and issue enquiries, requisitions, and purchase orders according to project schedule
- Negotiate with Suppliers to obtain globally competitive price, delivery, and contract terms
- Author Bid Tab evaluations and Sole Source justifications
- Run and analyze material status reports, and communicate risks and problem areas to Project Manager on regular basis.
- Liaise frequently with Expeditors, Inspection Leads, and Transportation Specialists
- Maintain Commercial interface with Suppliers. Manage warranty claims, backcharges, and liquidated damages
- Manage budget for Capital Procurement scope of the project, including the equipment/materials costs as well as the Procurement hours expended
- Work with cross-functional team to manage supplier qualification status and performance
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Engineering or Business Management
- 12+ years’ experience in Technical, Engineering, Commercial or Project environment
- Experience in issuance and managing execution of requisitions/purchase orders for material, equipment, and services
- Familiar with SAP and SmartPlant Materials
- Accreditation from Supply Chain industry organization (i.e. MCIPS, CPSM)
- Knowledge of commercial purchasing procedures and practice, including aspects of negotiation and contract law