Job Description: NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas Operator, is seeking a Corrosion Technologist/Engineer in Lloydminster, AB. This will be a 12 month contract role starting ASAP with possibility of extension or conversion to staff.
The shift will be 5 days on/ 2 days off (Mon-Fri) 8 hours per day, regular day hours with some travel required.
The individuals MUST be local to the Lloydminster area as no LOA or camp is available.
The main function of the Contract Corrosion Technologist/Engineer is to provide technical support to the Heavy Oil and Gas business unit in corrosion monitoring and mitigation programs, with specific reference to internal corrosion for upstream pipeline systems.
- Post-secondary degree in engineering or technical diploma related to corrosion or materials sciences
- 2 to 5 years of experience managing corrosion monitoring and mitigation programs for upstream pipeline systems and/or heavy oil treatment facilities
- 2 to 5 years of experience conducting corrosion evaluations and failure analyses of pipelines, piping and other equipment
- Working knowledge of internal & external corrosion mechanisms common to upstream oil & gas industry and corresponding corrosion management strategies
- Thorough understanding of corrosion basics including cathodic protection system
- Experience Identifying pipeline integrity threats and mitigate risks by completing corrosion evaluations
- Experience implementing and/or managing chemical treatment for water
- Working knowledge of international codes and standards
- Familiarity with government regulations and industry standards, specifically around pipeline and equipment integrity
- Licensed professional engineer in Alberta or Saskatchewan
- Relevant NACE certifications (i.e. Corrosion Technologist, Internal Corrosion Technologist, Cathodic Protection Technologist)
- 2 to 5 years of experience of working in the oil and gas or chemical process industries.