ESSENTIAL:- Advanced Excel knowledge. Experience working with databases (Access, SQL Server or MySQL). Experience using Oracle or SAP would be preferable. Experience with Qlikview would be an advantage. Mathematics A Level preferable. Had experience in pricing tools and developing pricing algorithms
Ideal Candidate would be someone with a few years’ experience in a junior data analyst role. Able to work with large datasets and confident in the use Excel’s tools to mass identify or manipulate data e.g. vlookup, concatenation, countif, sumif, if statements etc. Already has experience with maintaining either Items or Customers in a previous employment. Mature enough to understand the impact of any changes they make to the data and take responsibility and ownership of those decisions. Able to work with other departments to improve data quality. E.g. Data team, report and update on items that require corrections, liaise with Business Units to improve categorisation etc. Is creative and can look to improve the datasets.
My client has over 140,000 unique items in their database, over 56,000 of them are active codes and over 33,000 feed to their website. They have over 24,000 unique customers of which it is currently unknown how many are ‘active’ accounts (there is a project happening to determine this). They however trade with around 7,000 accounts per year.
Pricing & Master Data Governance Analyst OBJECTIVE:-
A dedicated resource to have ownership of our customers and items data sets with a focus on pricing. Pricing & Master Data Governance Analyst will spend the majority of their time maintaining and improving the data quality of my client’s Item and Customer records and their attributes. Your other main duty is to provide analysis, support and governance to our commercial pricing team.
Pricing & Master Data Governance Analyst RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Ensure items have the minimal data requirements (Description, Category etc) and report back to the data team and that need attention.
- Responsible for the maintenance of our internal item category structure, deciding new category names, reducing the number of category duplications and look to improve the category structure (PH/VH and Profile Class).
- Responsible for the maintenance of our web category structure (Classes and Characteristics). Liaise with our Web team to improve web category structure for a better user experience. Ensure that items are mapped to the correct web category and report back to the item data team any changes required.
- Responsible for the accuracy of our Intrastat/Commodity Code assignment to items and liaise with Finance and HMRC to improve reporting accuracy. Responsible for coordinating any HMRC changes to Commodity Code classifications which require updates to our existing items.
- Responsible for the maintenance of what items are ‘Reverse Charge VAT’ and liaise with finance to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for the maintenance of Sales Compensation (RAT) classifications on items.
- Will be responsible for any product migrations for any of our intra-company integrations.
- Develop and improve our Master Data Management project with external sources (Open Range, IceCat). This will start off with building a database of 8 key attributes per item type (Notebook, Inkjet Printer etc), liaising with the external sources to improve data completeness and quality, ensuring internal data is consistent by building validation on data.
- Monitor and improve our item data quality to external customers (Amazon, Retailers etc). Identify commonalties and build these into our MDM solution.
- Liaise with our EDI team to reduce rejections. Example, we get reports back from customers such as OneTrail on rejected items.
- Responsible for maintaining Soft Bundles
Pricing & Master Data Governance Analyst – Permanent – Basingstoke
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK