Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer
Burton On Trent
£47,145 (4 on 4 off continental days and nights)
Plus Excellent Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join my client’s famous site and become part of an enthusiastic and brand-driven team in the Burton-on-Trent area. This site is currently going through expansion with the addition of a new unit, so are seeking experienced individuals to drive the business forward in this exciting time.
My client is looking for Shift Engineers who are Preventative Maintenance and Focussed Improvement Specialists engaged to optimise the running and maintenance of equipment within the factory. Where breakdowns occur the multi-skilled technician will act to diagnose and troubleshoot faults and where necessary will recommend design improvements. You will be intimately involved with setting the Maintenance Strategy for the respective production area.
They offer great opportunities for training to develop further skills and remain up to date with changes. They promote a continuous improvement approach both to the workplace and career/personal development and as such deliver a fantastic benefits package along with salary.
- Mechanical Skills and Focused Technician; knowledge and application of technical skills and expertise to ensure the provision of effective engineering support within team, focused on delivering performance targets. Directly contributes to improved safety, quality, sustainability and cost.
- Preventative Maintenance Specialist and user of Condition Based Monitoring.
- Fully Operational on Mechanisms, Motion.
- Electrical Skills and Diagnostic Technician; Remove and replace major electrical components (such as motors, switch/control gear) and troubleshoot electrical circuits safely. Able to isolate machinery and re-install electrical supplies for machinery components.
- Establish power distribution systems and electrical control circuits.
- Install electrical drive systems and Control Loops.
- Instrumentation and Control Skills: Demonstrate an understanding of the Internal Architecture of Programme Logic Control (PLC) and Distributed Control Systems (DCS); their Applications and Knowledge of the Number Systems they use
- Amend control and software documentation.
- Manage PLC and Supervisory Control
- Minimum NVQ level 3 in Engineering and Post Apprenticeship Skill level
- Must be dual skilled if not multi skilled (as graded by national standards): Mechanical Electrical Instrumentation and Control
- Previous experience writing reports
- Data analysis and mechanical calculations experience
- Proven leadership and previous experience coaching an individual/team
- Programme Logic Control qualifications (Siemens S5/Siemens S7/Mitsubishi or Allen Bradley).
- Experience of manufacturing in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company and World Class Manufacturing.
- Experience as a team member within a project Management team with an awareness of project management tools and techniques.
Please apply ASAP for immediate Consideration.