- Manage the training of site construction staff and contractors where appropriate, to ensure that, from a safety perspective, all are trained and competent in their roles on site
- Ensuring contractor construction safety programs and safe work practices are reviewed, approved, and monitored.
- Management of contractor safety performance.
- Ensuring contractors and subcontractors’ site safety supervisors are managed and coordinated.
- Assisting in the selection of contractors
- Ensuring the HSE execution strategy, to be included within bid documentation, is formulated and clearly defined and communicated to the execution contractors, and implemented.
- Develop or oversee the development of the site safety induction program and ensure safety training to the site team is given and recorded as required
- 10+ years of HSE experience in an industrial environment with at least 5 years in a petrochemical/oil & gas company is considered essential
- Strong technical competence in Project and Construction Safety, supported by a thorough knowledge of international standards for management of Health, Safety, Environment and Risk such as OSHA , NFPA, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18000
- Results oriented. Must be able to understand impact of decisions/changes on project HSE risks and overall project success
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant HSE qualification.
- NEBOSH or equivalent certification
- Air separation / industrial gas construction
Health and Safety Manager, EHS Manager, HSE Manager, Industrial Gases, Engineering, HSSE Manager, ISO 14001, NEBOSH