Manage the processes and resources required to deliver services to and in the best interest of the Company and the personnel involved in marine operations.
Actively support the companies core values, primary business objectives, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE) policies and Standards.
- Ensures that people, equipment, and materials arrive on location in a timely manner as required by the client.
- Executes successful jobs according to design and client specifications.
- Ensures that all phases of treatment are carried out in a safe, efficient, and professional manner.
- Assists PSD Manager in preparing performance evaluations for assigned personnel.
- Trains and develops assigned employees to operate in a safe, efficient, and professional manner within Company policy and procedure.
- Initiates disciplinary action when necessary, on location with crew or assigned personnel, within PSD Manager guidelines.
- Maintains and repairs product line equipment as needed.
- Prepares product line reports for Field Service Manager and clients.
- Promotes Company-approved safety and operational policies and insures that both Company and client safety objectives are achieved.
- Applies technical and operational knowledge by completing training modules.
- Proactively provide the client with technical and operational advice pertaining to the operation
- Participate in proactive liaison with the Captain on QHSE and Operational matters.
- Responsible for Marine regulations adherence, DNV certificate of class etc.
- Capable of standing in for PSD
- Awareness of, and compliance to, company policies, standards, procedures and safety critical tasks relating to your assigned job and location.
- To ensure safe working procedures for critical activity under your control are adequate, understood by all and adhered to.
- Reporting all accidents and/or unsafe conditions in a timely manner. Where possible and it is safe and reasonably prudent to do so, remedy any unsafe conditions prior to reporting. Where not possible report the unsafe condition.
- Responsibility for individual safety, including:
a. Using the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
b. Planning emergency drills and attending/planning all crew safety meetings.
c. Maintain good housekeeping around your work and accommodation areas.
- Be available for the Engagement Team.
- Participate in cross-department audits on a regular basis.
- Protect the environment and prevent pollution according to company policies
- Ensure that the Vessel Remedial Work Plan is managed and risk mitigation addressed in a proactive manner.
Prior experience on board stimulation vessels including a supervisory position offshore.
Required skills: Good management and coaching skills. Technical skills and experience with various seismic operations. A strong awareness of risk management and the application of effective controls. Ability to instill motivation and teamwork. Good command of English, both written and oral.
Reports to: Field Services Manager