Senior Field Digital Infrastructure Engineer Essential:- Experience of network infrastructure (passive & active), 7 years minimum. Network topologies (passive & active), 7 years minimum. ITIL certified. Strong knowledge of local area network passive architecture. Strong knowledge of infrastructure requirements & components of local area networks. Strong working knowledge of Fiber & LAN tools. (Fluke DTX-1800 copper/fiber test kit). MS power point / creating & maintaining presentations. MS power Excel / maintaining spreadsheets. MS Access / maintain database entries as required. Intermediate MS Visio / creating & maintaining network topologies. Intermediate MS word / creating & developing scopes of work & other administrative documentation as required
The Senior Field Digital Engineer will be required to work with various maintenance teams to support the operation & deliver field digital infrastructure project’s to agreed costs & timescales, maintaining quality & ensuring compliance with relevant governance, regulations, standards & policies.
The role requires the Senior Field Digital Infrastructure Engineer to have excellent organisation skills who can manage & deliver multiple projects with a deep understanding fibre, structured cabling, data centre passive infrastructure, wide area networks & general while having a good understating of overall telecommunications services & technologies.
Senior Field Digital Infrastructure Engineer Key Accountabilities Primary Responsibilities:
- Manage projects that include implementation of fibre, structured cabling, telecommunication cabins
- Participation in RFP bid evaluations
- Participate in designing local area networks
- Manage support teams to maintain Data Centre & remote site telecommunications cabins passive infrastructure
- Lead Local Passive Support Team
- Responsible for support & Integrity of Telecoms Towers & Masts
- Maintain the integrity of the network
- Operate & maintain local area networks, track significant problems, monitor performance
- Diagnoses & resolves complex local area network issues
- Performs installation, maintenance, & operation of passive infrastructure as required
- Manage business as usual cable patching requests
- Produce & maintain documentation regarding LAN passive configuration & service records relating to inter & intra-site passive infrastructure.
Conduct site surveys… gather & ensure accuracy of the statement of requirements as defined by the Project Manager
Assist in developing & writing the passive infrastructure scope of work for specific projects/sites
Provide technical intra & inter site fiber & UTP design drawings
Develop project Bill of Materials in relation to project SOW & design drawings
Ensure compliance of Bill of Materials with project standards
Conduct testing & acceptance walkthroughs upon project completion using the project acceptance checklist, ensuring compliance with all standards