Job DescriptionDue to continued expansion in the Chemicals sector, NES Global Talent is looking for experienced, degree-qualified Instrumentation & Control Engineer to be based in Bergen op Zoom.
- Responsible for the schedule and budget performance of the I & C discipline team assigned to you;
- Responsible for the technical integrity of the discipline’s work performed under your supervision and for the observance of project HSE requirements relevant to your team’s work scope;
- Coordinates with other discipline lead engineers to ensure correct implementation of the design and its intent;
- Participates in formal design reviews and HAZOP meetings to meet this obligation;
- Conduct or direct site surveys and plant visits to establish equipment and/or layout constraints in the existing facilities on brownfield sites that may influence the overall project design concept and be able to work with Process, Mechanical and Piping layout engineers to recommend the most economical solutions;
- Must be able to prepare equipment specifications and prepare material purchase requisitions and perform technical evaluations of bidders’ responses;
- Prepare discipline construction scope of work, testing procedures and methodologies and other necessary discipline reports;
- Perform all work in line with project specific procedures;
- Be innovative in design work regarding minimization of cost while maintaining technical integrity.
- Experience with P&ID and I&C drawings development/update as well as preparing data sheets, requisitions, performing technical bid analyses, vendor data review of most field instruments (i.e. control and relief valves, transmitters, gauges, switches, etc.).;
- Knowledge of Control Systems (DCS, PLC, HMI) design, programming / configuration, testing and commissioning;
- Experience in Pre-FEED, FEED and EPCm projects.
- Relevant experience in the engineering design and construction support of brownfield projects in the refining, petrochemicals or chemicals industries;
- You must have a broad knowledge of national and international codes and standards;
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in Instrumentation & Control with a minimum of ten (10) years engineering and design experience as an I & C Engineer.
- Competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Access;
- Experience in and competency in the use of software programs such as INTools and/or AVEVA;
- Experience of other specialty design programs would be an advantage.