Job DescriptionDue to continued expansion in the Chemicals sector, NES Global Talent is looking for experienced, degree-qualified Senior Piping Engineer to be based in Bergen op Zoom.
- Responsible for the schedule and budget performance of the mechanical discipline team assigned to you;
- Responsible for the technical integrity of the discipline’s work performed under your supervision and for the observance of project HSE requirements relevant to your team’s work scope;
- Coordinates with other discipline lead engineers to ensure correct implementation of the design and its intent;
- Able to coordinate work with input from all disciplines in to the 3D model when required by the project;
- Participates in formal design reviews and HAZOP meetings to meet this obligation:
- Conduct or direct site surveys and plant visits to establish equipment and/or layout constraints in the existing facilities on brownfield sites that may influence the overall project design concept and be able to work with Process, I&C and Piping layout engineers to recommend the most economical solutions;
- Must be able to prepare piping and piping fittings’ specifications and prepare material purchase requisitions and perform technical evaluations of bidders’ responses;
- Prepare discipline construction scope of work, testing procedures and methodologies and other necessary discipline reports;
- Perform all work in line with the project specific procedures;
- Be innovative in design work regarding minimization of cost while maintaining technical integrity.
- Must have a broad knowledge in piping design related international codes and standards;
- Must be familiar with the requirements of piping stress calculations;
- Experience in Pre-FEED, FEED and EPCm projects.
- Relevant experience in the engineering design and construction support of brownfield projects in the refining, petrochemicals or chemicals industries;
- You must have a broad knowledge of national and international codes and standards;
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering (or similar) subject with engineering and design experience in all aspects of in-plant piping layout and design.
- Competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access;
- Experience in CADD software such as Intergraph Microstation, PDMS and also AUTOCAD.