Senior Scientist – Key Responsibilities
- Comparator based on Discovery business area. Assists in new research directions and novel strategies to achieve project or department goals.
- Performs complex data management tasks with minimal supervision.
- Develops understanding of regulatory requirements, if applicable.
- Designs and executes new methods and protocols related to area of expertise and/or proactively incorporates new technology or techniques into practice with minimal supervision.
- Executes a wide range of experiments/technical studies/tasks independently based on protocol.
- Identifies and troubleshoots problems in the execution of experimental processes/technical studies/tasks; interprets results and communicates to his/her supervisor and/or designs next logical step of experiments based on interpretation of results.
- Contributes to scientific papers and internal reports.
- May supervise students and/or a small number of staff.
- Masters in a relevant Life Sciences subjectSound theoretical and practical scientific knowledge and expertise along with industry experience
- A technical understanding of experimental design suggesting effective methods to achieve reliable and high quality data
- Fully understanding of experimental rationale and hypothesis
- Able to utilise resources available in industry along with research from academia to establish supporting material
- Good understanding of working and maintaining GLP
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
This is a contract role and to be considered candidates must be eligible to work in the UK. If successful you can expect a competitive salary package as well as the opportunity to join a world leader in global pharma.
Please contact Syeda Afsana Islam on 0161 942 4000 for more information on rates and applying.
Senior Scientist – Hertfordshire - Contract – 12 Months