Location: Houston, TX
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client is a major player in designing, manufacturing, and installing bespoke fender systems and docking and mooring systems, has a permanent opportunity for a Service Engineer to be based in Houston, TX.
The Service Engineer will provide and organize service, support and training for company and docking & mooring equipment both in field and in office. Will be also play a key role in the development of sales opportunities for Aftersales products and services.
- Inspection, commissioning, maintenance and repair work on docking & mooring equipment at sites throughout the region or globally as required
- Coordination and supervision of subcontract labor required to complete site activities as above
- Provide client training on day-to-day operation, troubleshooting and routine maintenance of TMS equipment both onsite and in office
- Provide technical support to clients including both troubleshooting and process improvement, e.g. obsolesce planning, equipment operations, etc
- Proactively develop the market for Aftersales Services in the region together with the Sales team
- Understand client operational requirements and prepare appropriate proposals for upgrades, services and spare parts
- 5-10 years of relevant trade or engineering qualification, e.g. instrumentation tech, elec eng, etc
- Extensive electrical, industrial control (e.g. PLC, SCADA, etc), instrumentation (e.g. MODBUS, TCPIP, etc) and software experience including commissioning / maintenance
- Basic field mechanical skills
- Previous experience in the oil & gas or marine industry strongly preferred
- Prior experience in technical sales highly regarded
- Experience dealing with client on-site and/or in an operational context
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a major player in designing, manufacturing, and installing bespoke fender systems and docking and mooring systems. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package comprehensive benefits, medical coverage, paid vacation, matching 401K and more.