Aker Solutions has secured new long-term contracts on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, and the project portfolio in Stavanger is rapidly expanding. We are now recruiting several new employees to strengthen our teams and prepare for future growth.
Aker Solutions' Material Technology department based in Stavanger Norway consists of qualified and experienced engineers (materials technology, corrosion protection, insulation, welding).
We are now looking for a Senior Materials Engineer for temporary position in Stavanger.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Materials Engineer in topside modification project
- Technical evaluations regarding materials technology (materials selection, corrosion evaluations, surface protection)
- Implement and maintain the overall materials strategy in the Project
- Technical input to and follow-up of procurement packages (mechanical and piping equipment).
- Quality assurance of suppliers and manufacturers, incl. review of supplier QA-systems (QA-plans/ITP and procedures)
- Follow-up/witness activities related to manufacturing and fabrication
Qualifications and Personal Qualities
- MSc or equivalent within Materials Technology / Metallurgy
- Minimum 3 years experience from TOPSIDE projects within:
- Competency within surface protection and coating system selection is preferred
- Relevant experience. - Detailed knowledge of NORSOK standards and international oil&gas related industry specifications
- Excellent communication/language skills (English/ Norwegian)
- Good social skills and ability to contribute in teamwork settings
- Split-location experience is a benefit.
- Software Skills - TIME
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities