Scheduling & Planning Engineer
A leading global speciality chemicals company are looking for a Scheduling & Planning Engineer due to growth and high product demand.
The opportunity offers the person in this role huge opportunity both within and outside the UK for career succession, through a high challenge, high support culture.
The Scheduling & Planning Engineer is responsible for managing delivery of equipment maintenance and systems for the site in line with current business, operations and engineering strategies to ensure compliance with legal and HSE requirements; company standards; meeting the required budget, whilst meeting targets for equipment reliability and plant availability. Ensure full utilisation of the available labour resources.
Successful candidates will have strong mechanical/electrical engineering knowledge and credible communication skills in order to effectively communicate and coordinate with internal and external interfaces.
The role will report into the Reliabilities & Maintenance Manager and deputise in their absence.
- Ensure all work is scheduled through utilization of the sites priority work matrix and agreed with the Reliabilities & Maintenance Manager and the Production Manager
- Plan thoroughly the maintenance work to be carried out on the site to ensure safe and efficient completion of all tasks (breakdown; planned maintenance; short maintenance outages and major shutdowns)
- Comply with site Emergency, Safety, Operational, Security, Quality and Environmental procedures relating to all Maintenance engineering/project/commissioning on site. Emphasis to be placed on safety management in engineering work, both in-house and by sub-contractors
- Issue and manage PTW as appropriate for maintenance activities within your authorisation remit
- Manage selection of contractors and engineering supplier interfaces
- Lead RCA’s and other investigations into repeat equipment failures
- Mechanical, electrical or instrument engineering experience working within chemical or related industry
- Proven track record to show the ability to implement an effective improvement & development strategy for both processes and individuals delivering on key industry KPI’s
- Leadership, influencing, coaching and motivation skills
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- High standards and a proactive attitude
- Proven track record of demonstrating driving a high safety focus environment