Job DescriptionPre-formulation Research Scientist - Biotech - Oxford - Permanent
A new role has arisen for an experienced with a background in Analytical, Physical or Solid State Chemistry to join an exciting biotechnology company in the Oxfordshire area. The role involves working alongside a team of highly experienced Pre-formulation Scientists for the characterisation of drugs in development.
Pre-formulation Research Scientist responsibilities:
- Development and running of a wide variety of experiments for pre-formulation characterisation studies
- Determination of drug candidates thermal properties, solubility, solid state characterisation and crystallisation properties
- Statistical analysis of experimental data
- Report writing and presenting results at team meetings
- BSc or MSc in Chemistry, Materials Science or a related subject
- Industry or postgraduate research experience
- Hands on experience with HPLC, NMR, TGA, KF, XRPD and/or DLS
- Experience of pre-formulation studies for drug development is advantageous
Keywords: Formulation, Preformulation, Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Surface Chemistry, Materials Chemistry, Thermogravimetric Analysis, TGA, X-Ray Powder Diffraction, XRPD, High Performance Liquid Chromatography, HPLC, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, NMR, Dynamic Light Scattering, DLS, Crystallisation, Solubility.