Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas Pipeline Company, is seeking a Quality Specialist (Logistics) for a 3-6 month contract. This role very likely will be converted to staff. The role is Monday-Friday in Calgary and the individual must be local.
- University degree required (Supply Chain or related field) with 4+ years of relevant experience. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of business degree.
- Excellent attention to detail, planning and organizational ability; expected to work with significant independence on standard assignments
- Strong ability to network and build intercompany relationships
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio).
- Effective communication skills; listen carefully to others, keep others informed and convey facts and information clearly in written communications.
- Encourage collaboration by relating to people in an open and professional manner while remaining positive and respectful even in difficult situations.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the use of key metrics and measures and shows an understanding of how their area performance contributes to the overall performance of the organization.
- Ability to identify opportunities to increase efficiency, simplicity, and revenue.
- Work productively in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty and readily adapts to different ways of doing things.
- Enrollment or completion of a SCM related professional certification, such as SCMP or ISM, is considered an asset
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 or equivalent Quality Management Systems