Job DescriptionNES Global Talent partners with leading companies in the Infrastructure Engineering sector to source the top talent available in the Australian market. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our industry relationships; this ensures the best possible fit for long-term success. As such we are now looking for an experienced Estimating Team Lead to join the Integrated Project Services & Project Management group, based in Brisbane.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring team and/or project profitability and growth by implementing and following the strategic direction and objectives of the business, effective leadership, project and client management. Supervising the estimating team on complex projects/programs, mentoring and guiding project controls staff in project controls fundamentals, procedures and guidelines, and undertaking performance reviews, career development, and general staff management.
- Serving as a subject manager expert and innovator in estimating.
- Successfully managing the relationships between the project controls functions—estimating, planning/scheduling, cost control, and risk management—for projects
- Establishing and effectively leveraging cross-discipline relationships within the business
- Providing project controls leadership on strategic initiatives within a business group
- Providing estimating leadership on cross-business group initiatives
- Review and contribute to the interpretation of the RFP or project contract, identifying risk areas and participating in mitigation planning
- Developing and executing the strategy and plan for estimating activities
- Leading development of conceptual and definitive estimates for business group and cross-business group projects
- Validating that the project scope and client requirements are covered in estimates
- Providing consistency between the project estimate, project breakdown framework, and project schedule. Advise project management of cost and cumulative impact of proposed design or construction changes
- Supporting procurement by preparing cost analysis for subcontractor pricing
- Acting as an expert in the risk register and applicable Monte-Carlo simulation techniques
- Applying practical field experience and constructability expertise to the development of conceptual estimates
- Implementing and managing the use of standard estimating systems
They will be looking to lead a team estimating on diverse projects in infrastructure, building both internal and external relationships to develop the large opportunities through the client’s global footprint. Their first principles estimating experience, management and leadership skills will be further developed and valued as they help develop the opportunity this position presents.
Key requirements for the role:
- Tertiary qualification in engineering/construction management or equivalent practical experience
- Strong experience in professional cost estimating, management services in public and/or private sector
- Experience in relevant field such as: civil, mechanical, electrical, process systems, buildings at a senior level
- Demonstrable experience in first principle’s estimating in accordance with State and Commonwealth Guidelines
- Demonstrable experience implementing business and/or project plans
- Experience leading teams, managing project budgets and forecasts
- Demonstrable experience developing and building business relationships at a senior level
- 15+ years experience