Job DescriptionDue to continued site investment, our client is urgently looking for an experienced Maintenance Planner to work on site in Hampshire. You will be working directly for the site owner as part of a small, dynamic team focused on maintenance, with occasional turnaround interaction.
Your key responsibility will be to develop detailed job plans for mechanical resources according to turnaround schedules and work lists. You will develop field execution work planning packages for mechanical resources engaged in repairs and construction of fixed equipment, electrical, instrumentation, rotating equipment, analysers, and other related equipment.
- Perform work activities efficiently while continuously looking for cost-saving opportunities
- Develops detailed job plans that include the following steps, durations, material, and equipment needs and cost estimates
- Coordinate planning resources in accordance with turnaround specifications, cost estimates, schedules, safety requirement, quality requirements, various procedures, standards, practices, etc.
- Work with the Scheduler and execution to provide general coordination and monitor the progress of turnaround activities per the job plans and worklists
- Coordinate multi-craft job plans with other craft specific planners
- Update plans with any approved change orders and develops new plans that arise during the turnaround as requested by ExxonMobil
- Communicate daily with execution supervision during various phases of the turnaround to understand effectiveness of plan Analyse and recommend resolutions of work problems and execution in solving work problems
- Create punch lists from pre-start up safety reviews
- Participate in Integrated Event and turnaround reviews (IR/TR’s) and reports per Turnaround Milestone Schedule
- Prepare review documentation
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a turnaround planner in the petrochemical industry
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Primavera and MS Project scheduling tools
- Experience of large maintenance schedules with 30-40 projects
- Extensive knowledge of various mechanical skills (pipe fitting, welding, boiler making, electrical, rotating equipment, instrumentation, X-ray techniques and interpretation)
- Proficient in reading mechanical drawings, blueprints, isometrics, P&IDs
- Ability to understand field changes and red-line drawings
- Ability to coordinate various mechanical resources according to schedule and plan
- Familiar with MOC process and PSSR (pre-start up safety reviews) process
- Basic safety training and/or site-specific training
This is a long term contract position which will suit someone from a chemical/downstream background, but we can also consider candidates from power, MOD, manufacturing or similar industries.