Job DescriptionPOSITION TITLE: Measurement (Meter) Technician
POSITION TYPE: Full- Time/ Permanent
LOCATION: Orla or Pecos, Texas
SCHEDULE: M – F, on call as needed
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, a Privately Fast Growing Midstream Company, is looking to hire a Meter/ Measurement Technician for a permanent position based in Orla or Pecos, TX.
The Measurement Technician will install, operate, and maintain all measurement equipment safely and in accordance with Company Policy and applicable Industry Standards, to ensure accuracy and reliability of measurement data.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Operate a Company-owned vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
- Responsible for proper operation and maintenance of measurement facilities in accordance with industry standards and Company procedures/policies.
- Perform / Witness testing and calibration of owned and 3rd party meters.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, operate, maintain, inspect, test, and calibrate electronic flow meters, associated measurement and communications equipment (gas and liquid), control and relief valves.
- Collect gas and liquid samples in accordance with policy and Industry Standards.
- Maintain measurement and typical pipeline equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of daily activities, including critical safety and regulatory documentation as it pertains to measurement systems.
- Perform any and all assigned duties in a safe, professional manner with the utmost integrity and in accordance with all applicable laws and Company policy.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Possess and maintain a valid driver license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company
- Must be familiar with orifice meters and electronic flow meters with some gas analysis experience.
- Some experience with ultrasonic and Coriolis meters preferred.
- Experience with Gas/Liquid Chromatographs preferred.
- Competent knowledge of various types of EFMs and test equipment.
- Experience with testing and sampling input software preferred (such as TESTit).
- Good communicator, work planner with excellent work ethics and good background in computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to work out doors in extreme weather and perform heavy lifting up to 50 pounds in a safe manner.
- Available for on-call 24/7 as needed.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a growing Midstream Operator who are driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package as well as bonus, comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and more.