Leads the strategic sourcing and purchasing activities for assigned categories with the goal of achieving significant cost reductions, while maintaining and improving product quality, security of supply and supplier service levels.
- Develops and executes near-term and long term Category strategy including defining specific purchasing actions which achieve financial savings targets through detailed analysis of Category portfolio. Identifies purchasing levers within Category, including consolidation of spend across LBUs (Local Business Units) and the RC Branch.
- Creates and launches RFI’s, RFQs, RFP’s and CFT’s in support of Category strategy and purchasing plan; documents bid events; develops selection criteria and drives the selection of suppliers in collaboration with cross-functional teams; Prepares presentation for Contract Committees prior to launch and prior to award.
- Leads cross-functional teams to develop and implement the Category strategy. Presents Category strategy to Contract Committee and TGP (Total Global Procurement).
- Acts as the internal point of contact for supplier management and complaint resolution for assigned suppliers. Executes supplier management programs with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals, and improvement initiatives.
- Proactively follows-up with Suppliers, Requestors and Management to ensure timely delivery of goods and/or services. Actively seeks ways to streamline business processes and improve purchasing processes; researches and provides information on industry Category trends and best practices. Develops alternative solutions; advises on options, risks, total cost of ownership, and business impacts.
- Provides budget and forecast information on price as requested. Ensures that purchasing documents are auditable. Tracks and analyzes performance metrics (savings calculations) to demonstrate progress against objectives. Participates on specifically assigned projects relating to purchasing and provides summaries, reports, and recommendations on these subjects. Executes operational transactions within SAP to issue Purchase documents.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, Finance, or other related field required;
- 10 years+ previous purchasing/procurement experience with responsibility for development and execution of Category strategy strongly preferred; experience in global purchasing organization is a plus. CPSM, CSCP or similar Certification is desirable.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with specific emphasis in communications, organization, planning and conflict resolution with a good attention to detail. Strong analytical capabilities, negotiation skills and influencing skills at all levels in the organization.
- Experience using SAP, e-Sourcing tools and advanced Excel is required.