Job DescriptionCurrently looking for a technical leader and contributor responsible for designing, providing supervision and implementing petrophysical activities associated with active field development, reservoir surveillance and subsurface studies including opportunity identification and generation to support well integrity, production sustainment and cost optimization.
Designs and provides input on key petrophysical activities, strategy, improvement initiatives, technology, sustainability efforts, and cost optimization opportunities to Geoscience management for consideration into Petroleum Engineering annual work program and activities.
Supervises and performs duties in open hole and cased hole logging and analysis to calculate and evaluate reservoir parameters. That includes:
- Supervises wireline logging operations;
- Provides technical specifications and requirements for logging and perforation tools;
- Carries out preliminary formation and log analysis;
- Recommends test and production intervals in liaison with geologist and reservoir engineer;
- Exchanges information with colleagues including reservoir engineers, petroleum engineers and geologists;
- Develops analysis models;
- Evaluates findings;
- Interprets petrophysical results;
- Prepares reports;
- Meets quality standards.
- Preparation and initiation of programs;
- Review work progress;
- Checks work done against specifications;
- Checks request for payment.
- Specifies parameters;
- Provides technical advice;
- Recommends improvements.
Develops, provides and implements petrophysical data acquisition program, assessment and evaluation results for AST activities related to the understanding and optimizing waste water disposal including the petrophysical characterization of the disposal reservoirs and their adjacent seals. Strengthens oversight on the monitoring of acid gas disposal through reviewing, qualifying and recommending new petrophysics based technologies as they become available to ensure effective and safe injection programs are delivered.
Maintains and files accurate and verified petrophysical well records. Updates the Petroleum Database as required.
Develop and execute technical mentoring program and activities for graduate trainees and less experience staff. Organize, participate and deliver knowledge sharing activities in areas of expertise internally within the company and/or externally representing the company in conferences and workshops in support of high performance culture.
Maintains effective well cost control procedures for field development. Ensures work practices are safe and meets environmental standards. Also ensures compliance with security directives.
- Bachelor's degree in Geoscience or related field from an accredited university
- 8+ years of hands-on experience
- Good knowledge on variety of field and asset life cycles
- Experienced mentor
- Expert in computer skills in commonly used software (Microsoft Suite, etc) as well as skill area specific computer skills (e.g. Petrel, Petrel Studio)
- Expert in other skills within his/her area of expertise (e.g. within Geologic Rig Support Operations, Field Development, Geoscience Studies)
- Aware of all and knowledgeable of at least three cross functional skills (e.g. - Drilling, Completions, Reservoir Modeling, Reservoir Surveillance, Subsurface Data Management, Production Engineering)
- Native level written and oral English language communication skills
- Competent in the ability to generate/introduce new ideas and concepts