Job DescriptionNES Global Talent are seeking a Site inspector for a long term contract position within Africa
Duration: Ongoing contract
Day Rate: TBC
Type of project: Construction
The Site Inspector, regardless of discipline, functions as a member of the Project Inspection Quality Assurance Team. Each discipline inspector will monitor, assess and verify quality inspection activities performed by the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contractor(s) on the Project.
The Site Inspector will be expected to assist the Contractor to successfully implement its approved Quality Plan, ITPs and control procedures to ensure the equipment and materials supplied to and installed at the job site meet all specification and statutory requirements.
• Perform discipline quality inspection activities in accordance with the Inspection and Test Plan
• Keep Quality supervision updated with status of quality issues
• Monitor production processes and perform surveillance activities
• Review and evaluate Contractor’s and Suppliers’ quality documents for accuracy and adequacy
• Support Mechanical Completion process
• 10+ years’ experience executing quality assurance/control of engineering, procurement, or construction activities.
Previous project experience of building a camp would be desirable
• Technical training or high school diploma.
• Technical discipline certifications commensurate with work experience.
• Willing and able to business travel (domestic/overseas) to project sites to provide various levels of support
• Candidate must be able to integrate well into team, accept decisions, quickly learn job specification and function effectively;