Job DescriptionJob Experience:
8+ years experience with the design and layout of electrical distribution systems for heavy industrial, oil and gas, refining, pipeline facilities, and bio-pharm plants. Also, 8+ years experience with the design and layouts of instrument and control systems.
Must have field experience in the related field environment and be familiar with the use and care of personal safety equipment.
High School or equivalent
Must demonstrate the ability to outline the electrical requirements necessary for an electrical construction package and estimate design and construction hours to complete. Must demonstrate the ability to interface with the client (engineers, shop personnel, inspection staff, construction contractors), direct Junior staff and CAD resources to meet the defined project needs and schedules. Must be able to estimate electrical construction and installation costs. Must understand client MOC, plant electrical and drawing standards. Must display the ability to direct others in order to accomplish specific objectives.
- Specific knowledge of the NEC to properly size and layout electrical distribution equipment and devices
- Properly size motor feeders, motor starters, feeder breakers, MCC, transformers, circuit breakers and panels (120 volts through 5kV)
- Understand short circuit requirements, perform voltage drop calculations, connected load calculations
- Develop detailed motor connection drawings and equipment control stations and develop conduit routing in existing facilities
- Generate detailed/complex control panel wiring and layout plot plans and installation details.
- Generate new or modify existing conduit routing drawings, installation details.
- Ability to outline the electrical requirements necessary for an electrical construction package, and estimate cost with some supervision.
- Requires specific knowledge of facility I&C standards and vendor equipment.
- Ability to develop simple and complex loop diagrams, instrument indexes, and wiring/connection diagrams.
- Ability to specify most control system instruments and develop construction scope for client specifications.
- Ability to properly design DCS and PLC installations, including control room layouts, networking systems, I/O Marshalling and Terminal Cabinets, power supplies, interposing relays, transducers and other instrument and control hardware and installations.
- Ability to detail electronic and pneumatic instrument installations and develop conduit routing in existing facilities.
- Ability to interface with client and direct junior staff and CAD resource.
- Understand process and logic control theory, loop and logic functionality; know how to design, install, test, and commission control system loops and circuits.
- Experience with loop walkdowns, control room verifications, factory acceptance tests and field start-ups
- Ability to outline the I&C requirements necessary for an instrument/control construction package and estimate design hours required to complete.