Responsible for the schedule and budget performance of the mechanical discipline team assigned to you are:
- Responsible for the technical integrity of the discipline’s work performed under his supervision and for the observance of project HSE requirements relevant to his team’s work scope;
- Coordinates with other discipline lead engineers to ensure correct implementation of the design and its intent;
- Participates in formal design reviews and HAZOP meetings to meet this obligation;
- Conduct or direct site surveys and plant visits to establish equipment and/or layout constraints in the existing facilities on brownfield sites that may influence the overall project design concept and be able to work with Process, I&C and Piping layout engineers to recommend the most economical solutions;
- Must be able to prepare equipment specifications and prepare material purchase requisitions and perform technical evaluations of bidders’ responses;
- Prepare discipline construction scope of work, testing procedures and methodologies and other necessary discipline reports;
- Perform all work in line with WorleyParsons’ EMS processes and project specific procedures;
- Be innovative in design work regarding minimization of cost while maintaining technical integrity.
- Should have sufficient knowledge of his non-specialist areas to be able to provide direction to a team of mechanical and piping engineers/designers of various backgrounds as needed;
- Specialist experience in one or more of the fields of vessels, drums and column design (and internals), heat exchanger design, pumps and/or compressors;
- Experience in Pre-FEED, FEED and EPCm projects.
- Relevant experience in the engineering design and construction support of brownfield projects in the refining, petrochemicals or chemicals industries;
- Candidate must have a broad knowledge of national and international codes and standards.
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of ten (10) years engineering and design experience as a mechanical engineer.
- Competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access;
- Experience in and competency in the use of software programs such as HTRI, PVElite, STX, ACX and CFX;
- Experience of other specialty design programs would be an advantage