My client, a leading Biotechnology company in the York region is currently seeking the expertise of a Molecular Biologist to drive innovation of their proprietary platform with respect to therapeutic Bio-Pharmaeutical development. This role is available due to new contracts being landed and as such, the company is experiencing a phase of rapid expansion, with prospective plans to greatly disrupt the peptide drug market!
Molecular Biologist Key Responsibilities:
- Exercise Molecular Biology techniques, specifically cloning and bacterial expression cultures.
- Employ mammalian cell culture, including hazard group 2 cell lines
- Experience in one, preferably several, immunoassay techniques (ELISA, WB, ICC/IHC, FC and IF).
- Design and generate random and/or rationally designed DNA display libraries for both naïve and affinity maturation phage display.
- Execute manual or automated phage display panning against protein targets
- Characterize phage derived candidates hits via SPR/BLI (Biacore or Octet), ELISA and cell-based assays.
- Present work in periodic internal group meetings.
- Maintaining a current and accurate laboratory record (lab notebook) of all activities
- BSc/MSc in a relevant Biological subject eg BioMedical Science, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology etc
- A high level of lab-based competency in molecular biology, manipulating DNA and creating
- expression constructs.
- Experience working in a busy laboratory, previous industry experience working with phage, immunoasays and cell culture is preferred
- An individual who is proactive who can work both collaboratively and independently when required.
- Excellent communication, organisational and analytical skills.
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on rates and applying.