My client, a leading Biotechnology company in the York region is currently seeking the expertise of a Assay Development Scientist to drive innovation of their proprietary platform with respect to therapeutic Bio-Pharmaeutical development. This role is available due to new contracts being landed and as such, the company is experiencing a phase of rapid expansion, with prospective plans to greatly disrupt the peptide drug market!
Assay Development Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and validate target binding assays including ELISA, LFD assays, Agglutination assays, cell binding and cell-based activity assays.
- Develop phenotypic based assays (phosphorylation, cell proliferation etc.) using a range of techniques (e.g. Western blot, flow cytometry, confocal microscopy and IHC).
- Liaise internally with different departments to ensure scientific targets are met.
- Present work in periodic internal group meetings.
- Maintaining a current and accurate laboratory record (lab notebook) of all activities
- BSc/MSc in a relevant Biological subject eg BioMedical Science, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology etc
- A high level of lab-based competency in molecular biology, manipulating DNA and creating
- expression constructs.
- Experience working in a busy laboratory, previous industry experience working with phage, immunoasays and cell culture is preferred
- An individual who is proactive who can work both collaboratively and independently when required.
- Excellent communication, organisational and analytical skills.
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on rates and applying.