Key responsibilities & tasks for the Customs Controller role will include;
- Be the key focal point within the Reading office for all Customs and Logistics related requirements, in relation to business needs
- Establish all customs compliance requirements in the region and safeguard the company’s adherence to these requirements in the region
- Prioritise work load to coincide with activity levels, dealing effectively with changing circumstances whilst ensuring compliance with all appropriate legislation requirement
- Ensure all compliance checks are carried out per import/export and any required amendments are issued via the HMRC CRM
- Ensure HMRC are notified of any Controlled goods that are to be disposed of
- Ensure all monthly / quarterly returns information is collated and validated before submittal to HMRC
- Work with all material coordinators/Inventory coordinators to ensure they carrying out due diligence on goods being shipped to and from the UK
- Collect, collate & consign materials requested by the business to arrive on time and in full at correct destination.
Qualifications & personal attributes required;
- Previous experience in a similar Customs Compliance / Reporting role
- Ability to recognise, support and focus on the few critical priorities at the right time
- Understanding of EU movements and HMRC legislative requirements
- Basic competence in SAP, and a sound working knowledge of Excel
- Quantitative and analytical skills
- Must also possess good skills in accounting, finance, financial reporting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including the ability to translate customs observations /take-aways into a language that the rest of the business understands.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.