Minimum of 8-10 years experience and job training in the Safety Instrument Systems arena in petrochemical plants (refinery, chemical) or in a similar work environment, and familiarity with the use and care of personal safety equipment.
Graduate Engineer in one of the following disciplines; Process Safety, Electrical or Control Systems; or equivalent job experience.
Must be competent, well-informed and able to perform without supervision. Must be aware of client site specific safety rules including notification to designated personnel when working in their area. Ability to coordinate efforts and identify project tasks to be performed in conjunction with the Project Manager. Must demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and to interface with the client shop personnel, inspection staff, and construction contractors. Must understand and apply all client and safety policies. Able to climb ladders and work in elevated locations.
- Ability to do Safety Objective analysis.
- Ability to do logic development, including logic narratives and logic diagrams.
- Knowledge and experience to perform SIL analysis and hazard analysis.
- Knowledge of PLC programming, panel design, and programming.
- Knowledge and experience to develop a Test Procedure.
- Knowledge and experience to do cutovers, loop checks, and provide start up assistance and trouble shooting.
- Experience and knowledge in providing initial training in operation and maintenance of the installed Safety Instruments.