Job DescriptionAker Solutions is a leading global oil services company that provides front-end studies, engineering, procurement and project management services for initiating and executing oil and gas field developments. Our Business very much depends on our people; all our major achievements are team efforts. We are looking for dedicated team players who like to be part of a winning team, who meet challenges head on to serve our customers’ needs.
Our London office provides excellent opportunities for talented individuals who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans. We are currently looking for a Senior Engineer, Noise & Vibration to join our Front End and Execution team.
Key accountabilities will include;
- Plan, organise and manage workload to ensure work is completed in line with project schedules and budgets
- Ensure technical correctness of discipline deliverables and compliance with Client specifications and project standards
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with Aker Solutions operating system (PEM)
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to discipline
- Attend project reviews/meetings/audits as required and keep Manager fully informed of status
- Provide effective leadership, supervision and technical guidance to assigned team.
We are looking for engineers with the following skills, qualifications and experience;
- BEng/BSc or MEng/MSc degree
- Chartered Engineer status
- 10 years engineering design experience in the offshore oil & gas industry (including gas processing and LNG)
- Experience in leadership / supervisory position on pre-FEED, FEED and EPC projects
- Good working knowledge of Noise and vibration control engineering design principles including:
- Noise and vibration assessment for offshore platforms
- Definition of noise limits for equipment and piping
- Specification of the extent of acoustic pipe insulation
- Specification of the extent of acoustic absorption
- Noise BAT assessment for vendor packages
- Generation of noise models using CadnaR
- Noise design/layout reviews
- Assessment of vibration and structure-borne noise
- Preparation of noise and vibration reports
The successful candidate will receive a competitive rate and the opportunity to support innovative projects.