Job DescriptionAker Solutions is a leading global oil & gas services company that provides front-end studies, engineering, procurement and project management services for initiating and executing oil and gas field developments. Our Business very much depends on our people; all our major achievements are team efforts. We are looking for dedicated team players who like to be part of a winning team, who meet challenges head on to serve our customers’ needs.
Our London office provides excellent opportunities for talented individuals who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans. We are currently looking for a Principal Mechanical Engineer (Flare package) for our Front End and Execution team.
Key accountabilities will include;
- Plan, organize and manage workload to ensure work is completed in line with project schedules and budgets
- Develop equipment specifications for Flare package as part of the global initiative undertaken by oil & gas producers to reduce cost
- Ensure technical correctness of equipment specifications, compliance with international codes & standards and alignment with the client specifications
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to discipline
- Attend project reviews/meetings/audits as required and keep Manager fully informed of status
- Provide effective leadership, supervision and technical guidance to assigned team
We are looking for engineers with the following skills, qualifications and experience;
- BEng/BSc or MEng/MSc degree
- Chartered Engineer status
- Minimum 15 years engineering design experience in the offshore oil & gas industry
- Experience in leadership / supervisory / client facing positions on pre-FEED, FEED and EPC projects.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive rate and the opportunity to support innovative projects.