Location: Houston, TX (travel required)
Duration: One year contract assignment
Start date: Immediate
The Project Engineer will be required to support multiple plant sites in North America; five in the US and one in Mexico. The scope of work is small, in-plant maintenance and upgrade projects typically with a TIC of $2 MM USD or less. Candidate will be responsible or co-responsible for the following:
- Coordinate all phases of project execution with site team leaders resident at various sites. This will include oversight of estimate preparations in accordance with the prime contract, ensuring that the STLs are aligned with client’s work process, addressing any staffing/personnel issues, and planning/scheduling oversight of the backlog at each site.
- Coordinate with MEC/site/HOC to ensure that client RFSs (Request For Services) are responded to within one week and that an AFW (Authorization For Work) is prepared as proposals to client for each project.
- Oversight of HOC and MEC disciplines and support staff (e.g. scheduling, estimating, and cost).
- Prepare engineering weekly reports and provide engineering input into the monthly report
- Make site visits to locations identified above and trips to MEC as required for coordination
- Attend weekly client meetings
- B.S. in Engineering
- Working knowledge of all phases of project execution
- 3+ years of experience as a project engineer
- 10-20 years industry experience.