Job DescriptionAker Solutions' Front End team in the UK seeks a talented and experienced Senior Field Development Engineer, with operator experience who can strengthen the team and global network. The Senior Field Development Engineer will provide specialist skills and knowledge in key areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, engineering standard, and good engineering practice. S/he will also review the client requirement and be able to propose development options, provide the Client with indicative costs and schedules, identify key risks and opportunities and provide recommendations.
Key accountabilities and tasks will include:
- Understand clients' needs; identify and address design parameters and problems; develop and implement solutions
- Deliver the technical input, as well as support, establishing the cost basis for all studies and (pre)FEED proposals
- Support the team to deliver the technical strategy with regards to client needs on tenders and projects
- Produce deliverables (design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports, and various 3rd-party submissions)
- Coach engineers assigned to the Study/FEED team
- Identify risks and implement mitigation strategies; Find efficient resolution to address technical issues slowing or affecting progress
- Work with other Aker office to draw on global capabilities to deliver the best technical solution
- Support Customer Management in developing business plans.
We are looking for Engineers with the following profile;
- Undergraduate degree required, with seven or more years of post-collegiate work experience, including five or more years of recent experience in the energy industry
- Technical knowledge and experience in design, installation, and procurement for projects including SURF, Conventional, and IMR
- Operator experience preferred, to help understand Operators working and decision making processes and drivers
- Good understanding of the oil service industry and local market conditions and drivers both from the Operators and Contractors Viewpoints
- Understand the major field development concepts and the methodology to assess their applicability and be able to identify the benefits and constraint inherent in each
- Understand the common models of strategic development approaches, economic drivers and constraints
- Ability to communicate and interface with clients; Ability to run Workshops and challenge sessions
- Ability to collaborate and network across departments/business and locations; Establish and maintain open communication channels and relationships with relevant corporate functions.
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.