Individuals will need to be local to the Cambridge, ON area as no LOA is provided.
The position is responsible for incorporating engineering requirements into detailed designs for complete project scope of work by coordinating project design details such as client interface points, general arrangement drawings and engineering calculations with other team members assigned to the project and overseeing the drawing production and checking by team members assigned to the project team.
- Oversee the preparation of models, defining and sequencing detail design tasks and checking.
- Ensure completion of project modeling, drafting, checking on time and within quality standards.
- Understand and follow information on all project drawings, engineering calculations and specifications, highlighting critical aspects to the team.
- Ensure the manufacturability and constructability of fabrication drawings.
- Coordinate technical detail design concepts and details with Project Engineers and the design drafting team.
- Track progress on modeling, drafting and checking tasks and proactively estimate percent completion.
- Identify, document and communicate potential improvements for implementation on current or future projects
- When requested, support Project Engineers by liaising directly with customers, suppliers and fabricators on technical design issues.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to others within the design drafting team to improve quality and efficiency within.
- Identify risks to project success in areas including, but not limited to lack of information, in-process design changes, increased duration of tasks etc.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Design Technologist Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience;
- Thorough understanding of 3D solid modeling and design drafting software implementation and application, preferably with Autodesk products (AutoCAD, Inventor, Vault)
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Inventor, ideally involving industrial plate steel product designs, large ducts and exhaust stacks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively in a project team environment where team members are spread across multiple office locations;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain effective and respectful working relationships with internal and external contacts