Location: Baytown, TX
Duration: Long-term contract assignment
Scope of work
- Proactively manage issues, remove roadblocks, take corrective action
- Identify vulnerabilities and opportunities for improved performance
- Ensure lessons learned are effectively applied and captured
- Participate in development of progress reports and provide work status to the project team
- Serve as interface between Project Team and Contractors/Vendors to enable performance
- Review and document Project Change Requests
- Stewardship and completion of engineering execution
- Ensure procurement meets project schedule
- Schedule updates and coordination
- Other tasks as needed/defined by leadership team
- Performs engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints.
- Reviews industry policies and procedures to ensure data accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Reviews reports of production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine or address problems.
- Provides technical support for the engineering process.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Back up responsibilities for the Project Manager as required.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in Invitation to Tender (ITT) development, bid evaluation and contractor selection
- Participates in identification & sourcing long lead equipment, assuring Front End Engineering Design (FEED) contractor
- support until equipment is assigned to the contractor
- Coordinates development of EMCAPS (ExxonMobil Capital Project Management System) Gate 3 deliverables
- Coordinates development of Functional Interaction Plan
- Coordinates project issues resolution process
- Coordinates change requests & endorses change authorization
- Responsible for the completion of the assigned work scope consistent with the Project Objectives
- Engages Project Team and functional resources to verify that the design & construction is consistent with project specifications & standards
- Serves as interface between Project Team & Contractor
- Ensures smooth transitions between project stages
- Leads Project Management Team (PMT) in applying Project Management Systems
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BS degree in engineering field
- 5+ years experience in multiple assignments in engineering, construction, and project management and controls activities
- Broad range of experience and skills through multiple function & project assignments (Multi-discipline skill set)
- Broad knowledge of design standards, specifications & work processes
- Strong leadership, influencing & interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, coordination, planning & interface skills
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads & frequent changes in priorities
- Excellent communication skills & ability to read, write & speak fluent English
- Proficient in MS Office suite of software programs
- This is a level 2 position: 10 to 20 years of related experience is required