Job DescriptionPosition: Asset Engineering Lead
Position Type: Permanent, Full- Time
Location: St. James, LA
This position reports to the Maintenance Manager and leads the plant asset management programs and team members to maximize profitability while ensuring safety. This function is primarily responsible for providing plant-specific expertise within the organization to minimize unplanned downtime, reduce asset life cycle costs, optimize asset utilization, and maximize Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) while driving a zero-incident culture. This position assists in developing asset maintenance strategies designed to reduce variability, improve performance, and drive overall asset reliability improvements. The function also monitors for proper design, installation, and repair of mechanical equipment and piping systems per regulatory and COMPANY standards with an eye for identifying and mitigating the potential for premature failure. The Asset Engineering lead is responsible for overseeing and managing the asset engineering analysis and engineering team in the performance of their day to day duties.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with facility pre-commissioning activities
- Executes the commissioning plan for start-up of operations while working closely with the Operations and Commissioning teams
- Serves as the point-of-contact for EHSS cause mapping and “5 why” root cause analysis to resolve events and identify corrective measures to prevent reoccurrence
- Calculates ROI and conducts lease versus buy analysis to optimize plant equipment investments
- Adheres to the facility maintenance budget
- Arranges and orders technical services, resources, and equipment for maintenance, turnarounds, and engineering maintenance projects
- Routinely reviews plant facilities and equipment asset criticality
- Updates equipment specific and general plant maintenance strategies for the most critical pieces of equipment based on the outcomes of the review
- Audits the maintenance work processes (MWPs) and provides recommendations for improvement
- Is proactive and looks ahead for any areas of opportunity for improvement in the maintenance work process
- Works to predictively identify potential areas of failure before failures occur
- Acts as the spokesperson for the Maintenance Department with respect to asset management
- Leads by example in terms of behavior, championing COMPANY values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect
- Drives a positive can-do work environment, motivating employees to high performance and quality work
- Mentors and manages the Reliability Analyst, Static Equipment Analyst, and Rotating Equipment Specialist
- Actively engages operators to assist in identifying potential process problems, initiates troubleshooting activities and works through the problem until resolution is achieved.
- Builds productive, collaborative and mutually trusting relationships throughout the organization
- Acts in a manner in accordance with COMPANY outlined safety policies, procedures and practices
- In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering required
- M.S. Business Administration preferred
- 40 HR OSHA HAZWOPER Training preferred
- P.E. license preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Chemical Industry
- 3+ years of supervisory experience preferred
- Commissioning of a Petrochemical facility preferred
- Detailed knowledge of ASME Boiler Codes, API, AWS, ASNT SNT TC-1A, other OSHA defined RAGAGEP and their application to plant maintenance functions
- Knowledge of standard Distributed Control Systems (DCS) IO protocols
- Knowledge of the Mechanical Integrity (MI) element of PSM
- Knowledge of process and electrical equipment and methodologies used in production environments
- Proficiency in MS Office and DCS required; proficiency in Delta V preferred
- Self-starter with exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence Maintenance, E&I, Operations, and Contractors in a positive manner