Job DescriptionPosition Title: Electrical & Instrumentation Designer
Location: The Woodlands, TX
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, is a major player in providing pipeline, facilities, and energy infrastructure solutions, has a permanent opportunity for an Electrical & Instrumentation Designer to be based in The Woodlands, TX.
The Electrical & Instrumentation Designer will develop wiring and installation drawings for electrical equipment and instrumentation. Will support the E&I engineers and Lead designers with development of design and drawings. Collaborate with EPC Services group to create multi-discipline design packages for construction.
- Support engineering team with initial design and drawing requirements
- Develop/Draft plans, details and sections to accurately convey construction or fabrication requirements
- Analyze vendor supplied drawings and incorporate the required information into project drawings
- Apply the NEC and perform calculations related to sizing electrical circuits and equipment
- Conceptualize and draw wiring diagrams, E&I layouts, and design details independently with minor instruction from project engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in facilities creating E7I drafting/design drawings preferably in Meter Stations, Pump Stations, and Launcher/Receivers
- 5+ years of design experience using AutoCAD required
- Experience with instrumentation, hazardous location wiring practices, panel design, and PLC hardware
- Experience working with large motors, VFDs, MCCs, raceway systems, industrial lighting, and grounding
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Program