Job DescriptionBig Data Developer/Engineer – Munich, Germany
The client is a global software development company with strong emphasis in the automotive domain. The business supports several major OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers and is currently supporting vast developing autonomous drive projects.
The feature development team are looking to expand their skill set by adding a big data engineer to the team to extract new features from a data repository consisting of sensor and test vehicle data.
- Planning, creating and developing advanced cloud applications using modern big data technologies – Hadoop, and it’s ecosystem (Yarn, MapReduce, Spark, HBase, Kafka, etc.)
- Restructure of existing code
- Writing high-performance, reliable clean code in languages like java, scala and python
- Modelling complex, big data architectures
- Analysing vast data stores to uncover insights whilst adhering to GDPR
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Big Data roles
- Strong experience with Hadoop and it’s ecosystem (e.g. Yarn, MapReduce, Spark, HBase, Kafka, etc.) in development and implementation
- Experience in loading from disparate data sets and pre-processing using Hive and Pig
- Experience in writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code in languages like java, scala and python. Writing of mapreduce jobs.
- Deep knowledge in distributed processing principles and frameworks – Experience in modelling complex architectures
- Track record of working on perform analysis of vast data stores and uncover insights while maintaining the security and data privacy
- Preference is to have played a role in project coordination
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience presenting to various stakeholders
- Opportunity to work for an exciting business, focussed on pioneering and revolutionising the future of autonomous drive
- Negotiable depending on experience and suitability
- Attractive holiday package
- Plus additional benefits
Locations - Munich. Germany
Developer | Software Engineer | Hadoop | Yarn | MapReduce | Spark | HBase | Kafka | JAVA | Scala | Python | Mapreduce | Software Developer