- Develop study team objectives and plans. Review progress against agreed works plans and recommends and initiates changes to the work program based on findings.
- Assure the implementation of the reservoir development activities in accordance with best practices. Provides guidelines for optimum field development.
- Conduct reservoir studies to evaluate options for optimum field development including effect of alternative well design, well spacing, number of wells, near well bore damage etc. in the field performance.
- Evaluate technical review and quality control directions for relevant reservoir engineering inputs to studies, field development design/ execution documents.
- Supervise all efforts to build in house IPM modelling and decline curve analysis to be used for reservoir surveillance and short term forecast. Update the model with most recent production history and any well information data.
- Plan and coordinate reservoir studies from quantifying its value addition through defining the scope of work to monitoring the execution against time line and budget.
- Direct the implementation of appropriate tools/ software, training required for reservoir modelling and studies cost viability within the defined budget.
- Recommend to the Reservoir Engineering Division Manager the selection of consultant for studies, coordinates their activities and evaluates their performance and monitors payments when required.
- Review and advise on procedures based on the best practices in reservoir surveillance and reservoir management(Production Guidelines tools, Pbar estimate, Reservoir Management Strategy, etc.
Bachelors degree in Petroleum Engineering or Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- 15 + years of experience in the Oil and Gas industry with 5 or more years in a managerial role.
- Competent in a variety of field and asset life cycles.
- Well versed in reservoir engineering programs and applications related to petrophysics, geology, production etc.
- Strong leadership skills.